-
February 19th, 2002, 07:37 PM
#1
Inactive Member
I try to stay out of the racial issues, but wtf is this about?
Blacks overwhelmingly name Clinton as history's greatest president?
I'm stunned.
OK, if the question was who was the best president in your lifetime, I could understand Clinton being listed first by blacks.
But all-time best? That is amazing.
-
February 19th, 2002, 07:46 PM
#2
Inactive Member
The sad thing is most of them probably don't even know which president freed the slaves.
-
February 19th, 2002, 09:15 PM
#3
Inactive Member
I'd have to agree that unfortuantely 9 out of 10 blacks probably couldn't name more that 10 U.S. presidents. Not becuase of issues of inteligence, but because culturally they have an ingnoranace or disdain for U.S. history (not without some good reason I might add), when a group has been excluded for generations this is difficult to avoid. What I think is especially tragic though is that NOW anyone whether your black, white, brown, yellow, or purple, has opportunities in this country IF you choose to apply yourself, to become a success and live the American Dream. Regardless of social situation. If you want to achieve DON'T join a gang, and do go to school, it is that simple!!! 
<font color="#a62a2a" size="1">[ February 19, 2002 05:17 PM: Message edited by: vitocorleone ]</font>
-
February 19th, 2002, 09:44 PM
#4
Fucking Dick!
Interesting topic. Nobody asked my opinion on the poll so it doesnt count.
TTB, I bet if you asked that question to the same number of whites, you would get a similarly poor response. Same for your 9 out of 10 vito. I dont think Americans in general know alot about their own history.
This cant be right. If you go into alot of older black households, you will see a picture of the Black American Trinity: JFK, MLK, Jr. and Jesus. I guess they will have to replace JFK with his protege.
-
February 19th, 2002, 10:32 PM
#5
Inactive Member
Nothing like a group of white guys discussing black culture.
-
February 19th, 2002, 10:43 PM
#6
Inactive Member
say what?---
lincoln
grant
truman
-
February 19th, 2002, 11:00 PM
#7
Inactive Member
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size=2 face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><table border="0" width="90%" bgcolor="#333333" cellspacing="1" cellpadding="0"><tr><td width="100%"><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2" bgcolor="#FF9900"><tr><td width="100%" bgcolor="#DDDDDD"><font size=2 face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by mothomus:
say what?---
grant
</font></td></tr></table></td></tr></table></BLOCKQUOTE>
Grant was the fukkin shit! Don't forget Polk, the first darkhorse president...
-
February 20th, 2002, 12:37 AM
#8
Inactive Member
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size=2 face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><table border="0" width="90%" bgcolor="#333333" cellspacing="1" cellpadding="0"><tr><td width="100%"><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2" bgcolor="#FF9900"><tr><td width="100%" bgcolor="#DDDDDD"><font size=2 face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by Invictus:
TTB, I bet if you asked that question to the same number of whites, you would get a similarly poor response</font></td></tr></table></td></tr></table></BLOCKQUOTE>
... as already evidenced by the responses in east coast's 'Reagan on Mount Rushmore' thread 2 weeks ago, yes?
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size=2 face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><table border="0" width="90%" bgcolor="#333333" cellspacing="1" cellpadding="0"><tr><td width="100%"><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2" bgcolor="#FF9900"><tr><td width="100%" bgcolor="#DDDDDD"><font size=2 face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Same for your 9 out of 10 vito. I dont think Americans in general know alot about their own history.</font></td></tr></table></td></tr></table></BLOCKQUOTE>
Nope.
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size=2 face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><table border="0" width="90%" bgcolor="#333333" cellspacing="1" cellpadding="0"><tr><td width="100%"><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2" bgcolor="#FF9900"><tr><td width="100%" bgcolor="#DDDDDD"><font size=2 face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">This cant be right. If you go into alot of older black households, you will see a picture of the Black American Trinity: JFK, MLK, Jr. and Jesus. I guess they will have to replace JFK with his protege.</font></td></tr></table></td></tr></table></BLOCKQUOTE>
Wasnt it Bobby that was the ass-kicker in that regard of the three remaining brothers, though?
-
February 20th, 2002, 05:46 AM
#9
Inactive Member
mothomous....gotta disagree on Grant.
He acomplished alot as a general but had a reputation of trading lives for victory( but isn't that what a general must do?)
In late 1875 George Armstrong Custer traveled to Washington DC to testify against corruption in the Grant administration involving Indian Agents stealing funds intended to be spent on the Souix and Cheyenne; Grant bought off Custer by returning him to control of the 7th Cavalry and buying his silence. Custer died the next year and news of his death reached DC on July 4, the celebration of 100 years of America....that screwed Grant in the next years election.....but like IB said, I don't know shit about Presidents.
-
February 20th, 2002, 07:26 AM
#10
Inactive Member
had custer stayed out of washington in the first place, he might still be alive today
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules
Bookmarks